Messages for Ukraine

This past week we have spent some time talking about Ukraine. We wrote poems and messages of support for the people in Ukraine. These messages are now part of a collaborative Google Slides presentation for Ukraine. Jewish schools from around the globe have added to this presentation, and the grade three classes are happy that their work is part of it.

We will also be working on writing a song about Peace for the World Peace Song Project. We hope adults will start listening to what children have to say.

Thursday, March 31st is Dress Down Day, and the Grade 3 classes have chosen to raise money for Ukraine. We are so happy that the whole school will be bringing loonies and toonies in to help support the children of Ukraine.

One of our students has started raising money for Ukraine and she has written about her experience below.

Student Guest Post 

Hi, again. Lots of people know about what’s happening in Ukraine. Me and my neighbor Mathilda are working on something for Ukraine, let me tell you about it. So we have a rainbow loom shop. If you don’t know what rainbow loom is, let me tell you: rainbow loom is elastics that can turn into a bracelet and lots of other cool things.

Mathilda’s mom posted it online so if someone wants it they can buy it, So far we have 23$ dollars. Since she has spring break I am doing most of the selling. Since she is away I don’t know if we are getting any customers so I am selling things to people who live in my house and are willing to support the cause. My nanny Stefanie didn’t want a bracelet but she would pay 1 dollar. I didn’t want her not to have a choker so I gave it to her for one dollar less. I am working on a big project right now, AND my big project just got bigger. On Wednesday night My dad told me a group of people wanted 25 bracelets between me and Mathilda. My dad thought they would pay 10$ for it all. I went to my mom and she said “A salon wants 25 bracelets between you and Mathilda. They will pay 10$ dollars for one bracelet”. I was amazed. Our first order came so quickly I said “I thought it would take a day or two but our first order came to a couple of hours after we started.” I decided to give them 30 so we will get 30$. On Monday I am delivering to the salon

By Livia

One Reply to “Messages for Ukraine”